- I don't know what's worse: that Vice President Joe Biden might really say all these awful things without thinking, or believing that he does actually mean them. In case you missed it, while visiting China, Biden commented that he "fully understands" and was "not second-guessing" China's one-child policy. Hey, Joe, you are aware that the one-child policy really means forced abortions and sterilizations and other human rights abuses, right? Right? Sigh...anyway...here's two good commentaries on this:
Michelle Malkin | Doug Powers| Joe Biden 'Fully Understands' China's 'Million of Children Left Behind' Policy
- Here's David Limbaugh displaying his customary ability to slice through liberal spin:
...If not already, at what point will he have forfeited the privilege of being taken seriously about the economy? At a time when almost every thinking American was becoming increasingly horrified at the national debt, Obama was proposing that we increase it substantially more in pursuit of policies that had already failed. He never provided any glimpse into the bizarre thought process that had led him to believe that $50 billion could jump-start an economy when 16 times that amount had not...
- Well, I am shocked. Absolutely flabbergasted. Apparently, enacting insanely huge and oppressive tax hikes is bad for your economy. The liberal lamebrains running Illinois' state government raised their state personal income tax rate nearly 67% and the corporate tax rate 46%, and abracadabra, Illinois lost more jobs in July than anywhere else in the country. Oh, yeah, the punchline, can't blame the Republicans for any of it: the Democrats enacted this nonsense on the last day of a lame duck session without a single Republican vote.
|Here's the 2012 campaign ad for every Illinois Republican|
- Great article from Big Hollywood about the damaging effects of liberal sexism in the movies:
Great films need great actors and great actresses. Unfortunately, Hollywood doesn’t do great actresses anymore. . . it does Barbies. In truth, Hollywood never was great with actresses, but it’s gotten much worse lately. Talent, apparently, no longer matters when casting actresses, just looks. To be a modern “actress,” you need to be under 35 years of age and look like every other Hollywood ditz. What’s worse, Hollywood is now trying to pass off sexual exploitation as “strong roles” for women.
- If you missed the RedState Gathering earlier this month, all of the speeches have been uploaded to iTunes or you can listen/download them directly at RedState:
- Elijah Cummings, a Democratic Congressman from Maryland, said over the weekend that the black community wants Obama to "fight harder." Here's Jimmie Bise, Jr. dissecting that comment with his razor-sharp wit:
- Your nerdtastic moment of the day: a famous scene from the cult classic Tron, reconstructed using duct tape. Yes, duct tape. From io9.com. Enjoy: