- Libyan nutcase dictator Muammar
Kaddafi Quadafi GaddafiHoly-heck-pick-a-spelling-dafi was overthrown yesterday, but it may be a bit early to pop the champagne, according to John R. Guardiano:
- In case you missed it, I posted some updates to Saturday's post about Mike McCalister's post debate run-in with Miami Herald reporter Marc Caputo:
Sunshine State Sarah | "The Colonel Has To Use The Restroom" aka Mike McCalister's Post Debate Debacle [UPDATED]
And here's a funny tweet from State Representative Scott Plakon in response to my post:
- Great post by @AlexaShrugged regarding a recent Elle magazine article that profiled several conservative women (including the awesome Ashley Sewell):
To the author, the only way to advance our fellow women is through laws and government mandates like affirmative action, quotas, and wage legislation. How is that in any way empowering? It doesn't even occur to her that you can advance women without government help. Conservative women are not empowered by government handouts. We want to do things on our own, not have the government give them to us...
- Here's a cool article about a German engineer who helped dig tunnels under the Berlin wall to help people escape, recounting his memories for the fiftieth anniversary of the building of the wall earlier this month:
- Facebook's overactive censors removed a post by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer which criticized Obama's immigration policies. Facebook claimed that a popular image of Brewer as Rosie the Riveter (shown, left) violated the "Facebook Community Standards" (hat tip: Stephen Kruiser):
- I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff Dunetz, who writes the excellent Yid With Lid blog, at CPAC this year. Dunetz published an incredibly moving post yesterday about the power of prayer after his daughter was in a car accident (thankfully, she survived, but will need additional surgeries):
Some might say that the fact my daughter is alive today is the medical and emergency personnel knew what to do and they are 100% correct. But to think they didn't have some help from above defies all reality. The miraculous gift God gave my wife and me 21 years ago, was re-gifted to us this past Shabbos.
For those who believe God hasn't performed any miracles in two thousand years (with the possible exception of the 1969 Mets), the fact that my little girl is alive and (God willing) healing, is proof that you are wrong.
As the Jewish Prayer Birkhat Ha‑Gomel says
"Blessed are You, Lord, our God, King of the Universe, Who bestows good things on the unworthy, and has bestowed on me every goodness."Thank you God, for answering our prayers with a resounding yes.
If anyone wants add their prayers to the ones already praying for my daughter's speedy recovery her name is Hinda bat Leah.
- Here's a funny Dilbert cartoon about disaster preparations and the importance of being able to defend yourself (hat tip: The Jawa Report):
- The Democratic Governors Association has lost their darn mind. They're running Google ads with this image (I've blocked them from my site but you may see this elsewhere online):
Seriously, DGA? Even the New York Times admitted that Bush legitimately got more votes than Gore, and really did win the 2000 election. Let. It. Go.